Looking for the best tool to cut logs? Well, a chainsaw is the best. However, chain saws are large and bulky. Carrying them around is not only a hassle but also dangerous. That is why you need to get the best chainsaw case. Once you place the machine in its carrying case, it’s safer to move around. Another good thing about the case is that it acts as a protective shield and storage for your equipment.
Before using the chainsaw, it is essential to watch safety videos and read as many materials as possible. The reason is that a chainsaw is dangerous, and you want to get the right information to keep you and those around you safe.
With the chainsaw, as long as you use it the right way, the machine will become your best friend when it comes to cutting woods. To get the most out of the machine, you need always to store the machine inside its case. The review seeks to tell you more on the best chainsaw carrying case.
Best Chainsaw Case (Reviews)
Husqvarna 100000107 Power-box Chainsaw Carrying Case
The chainsaw carrying case can fit into any Husqvarna chainsaw model, ranging from 136 to 372XP and 575XP chainsaw models.
The case’s sheath comes with an 18-20 inches sheath length that helps in protecting your chainsaw blade against rust and other damages. The case also keeps you safe from bruises and cuts when carrying the saw to the work site.
The case also comes with enough room for carrying accessories. You can store various accessories such as Quarter bar, chain oil, operator’s manual, spark plug, a file handle, loggers filing vise, file guard, and many more.
Husqvarna chainsaw case also comes with replacement handles as you buy the case. You need to expect your case to snug fit in the case because of the closed husky leash system. Therefore, when driving or walking with the machine on the road, the chainsaw will not bang or jump around inside the case.What we liked:
- According to Husqvarna chainsaw case review, the case holds the chainsaw as well as the accessories safely
- The case comes with a closed leash system to hold the machine safely in place
- The chainsaw case comes in orange color, making it visible in every outdoor environment.
- The machine’s case is suitable for chains and bars ranging between 18 and 20 inches.
- Even without the chainsaw inside, the case is bulky
Poulan Pro-952031152 Carrying Case-18- to 20-Inch
In case you own a gas-powered Poulan chainsaw, then you will agree with me that the saw is among the largest in the market. The case can carry a machine with a blade ranging from 18 to 20 inches. However, large machines are usually heavy for lightweight cases. That is why you need to get a bigger case that comes with sturdy construction to guarantee the safety of the chainsaw. That is why this particular case is among the best.
With the case of the chain, you get enough room for your chainsaw and other accessories such as bar oil, a gasoline container, an extra chain, and any other accessory. One good thing about the chainsaw is that it works well with most chainsaw models. That is why most reviewers term it as the best universal chainsaw case.What we liked:
- The case is durable since it comes with sturdy materials.
- The case is flexible enough to fit other chainsaw brands, not just Poulan
- The case’s plastic construction is very strong for most safety while carrying the machine
- The case does not come with a lock system
- It is also very heavy, making it tiresome to travel for long distance
- The case is also not very pocket-friendly, but considering its effectiveness, it is worth the price.
Husqvarna 100000101-classic Chainsaw Case
The case is among the strongest ones in the market. It comes with double-walled construction for extra durability to protect the chainsaw when storing or carrying it. The case does not only fit Husqvarna models but also XP and Rancher saws. The case also comes with a padlock tab for added security.
Another great thing about the chainsaw case is its storage capacity, which is among the best features that increase the usefulness of the case. The case comes with compartments for accessories, oil storage, and chainsaw tools. The case keeps the blade covered for protection. On the side, you get enough room to store chainsaw oil while going to work away from your usual place.What we liked:
- The chainsaw case comes with double-walled construction for added protection
- The case’s scabbard protects you from cuts on the sharp chains
- The case comes with a vibrant orange color to make sure you can find the chainsaw even with low visibility conditions.
- There is not enough room for more accessories
- The snaps look a bit sharp
Husqvarna 5768591-01 Canvas-chainsaw carry-case
If you usually walk long distances carrying a chainsaw, then you know how tiresome it becomes when you have a bulky case. If you are looking for something light and a long holder, then this case is the best for you. The case accommodates 20 inches blades and weighs only 3 pounds. The case is super light when you compare it to many cases in the market.
Oil spillage forms small puddles on the floor, which is hard to clean. The case has a built-in plastic tray that catches the dripping oil that you can remove and drain. The case also comes with a plastic bottom that you can remove and put it back for stability. It also makes it easy to clean.What we liked:
- The sheath comes with heavy-duty construction that is hard to rip or tear
- The plastic tray in the bag catches oil drips
- The case’s plastic bottom adds to its stability when resting on the ground
- The cover may need a plastic coating to avoid the chain from hanging out of the material
- The case might tip over when moving and allow oil collected on the tray to spill out.
Power-king 20 carrying case is among the best-rated chainsaw carry-case. If looking for a case that the holder is part of the case that covers the blade, then this is the saw case you are looking for. Most chainsaw cases hold chainsaw length up to a certain length due to the limited scabbard length. In case your chainsaw is 21 inches long, it’s impossible for it to fit into the case that is less than 20 inches long.
However, with this chainsaw case, it accommodates chain saws of different sizes since the casing is detachable. You can detach the sheath in case the blades are too long. The case also offers a padlock system which means you can quickly secure the saw with a padlock.
Most professional chainsaw operators usually carry their tools to help them fix issues that arise when working. The case comes with a tool storage pockets which helps you to secure your gadgets.What we liked:
- Comes with a padlocking hole
- Also comes with a removable scabbard
- Comes with a sleek design
- It’s very affordable
- Not exclusive to any chainsaw brand
- The pegs holding the case together are not strong enough
- It is bulky
- Assembling directions are not clear
Buying Guide: How To Choose a Chainsaw Case?
When it comes to buying chainsaw cases, no size fits all. If you want to get the best, there are some things that you need to consider before you buy a chainsaw case.
The type of the chainsaw case to get depends on the type of work you do. For example, if you work on tough terrain, then you need a sturdy protective case. Where you are, and the word you do determines the case you want. If working in the forest, you may need a visible and touch casing.
On the other hand, when working at home, then you may buy a light carry-case. You may also look for something with enough space for storing tools and products that you may need to carry to the worksite.
Some chainsaw chases come with extra space, not only for the saw but also for other tools and accessories as well. Are you in need of a storage room for chain oils? Do you usually carry spark plugs, rags, and other things for servicing the machine in the field? Then you need to get a chainsaw case that comes with enough room to store whatever you want.
If your case is prone to bouncing at the back of the truck when transporting it to the work site, then buy a case that is strong enough. Strong cases are better, considering their durability. However, if you only work around your home or in the garden, then a soft case is enough.
The first thing you need to do is to find the protection that the chainsaw needs before you make any purchasing decision. In most cases, the cases come are double-walled to offer an extra layer of protection to the machine. Other features a seat-belt in the case to make sure the saw does not move throughout the journey. The durable the case, the safer your chainsaw will remain.
Many brands offer to carry cases that perfectly fit the saw and the branded products while other fits chainsaw only.it is good to buy the case that offers space for all the accessories that you may need.
Chainsaw cases that fit files, oils, chains, and spark plugs will help you move with all the necessary tools. There are the cases that come with binds in the chain and sturdy clip-locks that rarely bounce loose. The best carrying case is the one that securely holds everything.
The carry case that you buy usually depends on your budget. That is why you should not ignore quality. Even though the price does not always signify the quality, there are times that you get what you pay for. Various manufacturers are offering high-quality carry-cases at varying prices. If you are price-driven, you can easily get the best chainsaw case.
What are the Do’s and Don’ts when using a chainsaw?
- Plan every job before you start. If needed, seek professional help
- When carrying a chainsaw, hold it on the front handle with the muffler, and away from your body. The blade-bar needs to be inside a case and pointed behind you.
- When walking, look around to spot the people walking around you. That way you can keep your machine safe and away from the people walking past you.
- Use the right saw with the right power, bar length, and weight for the job
- When working with the saw, hold it firmly in your fingers. Place your feet firmly on the ground to avoid tripping.
- Make sure that the chain does not move as your chainsaw is hanging. Always keep up the power levels when cutting.
- Always turn off the saw before refueling or doing any maintenance task
- Always wear safety gloves when sharpening or cleaning the chainsaw
- Turn off the chainsaw before doing any maintenance or refueling.
- Never leave a running saw unattended
- Never cut alone in a remote area
- Never start a saw when resting near your body
- Never stand behind a running machine
- Do not touch the muffler before or after the job as skin burns may occur
- Don’t carry a running chainsaw
- Don’t carry a chainsaw with a worn-out case. The reason is that the chains may protrude and harm you as you carry.
Where to buy a chainsaw carrying case
You can get affordable and the best chainsaw cases online and in your local’s stores. However, to get the best deal, you need to check the renowned sites like Amazon. The reason is that such sites offer honest reviews from customers, which help you know the best chainsaw depending on the customer’s experience with the saw. With the reviews, you can get the right one for you.
How can you own a chainsaw without a case? Well, if you only work with your chainsaw in your backyard, then you can stay without a case. Even if you never travel with your machine, a good case is still crucial if looking for proper storage of your chainsaw. If you store your machine without the case, it is prone to rust as well as other forms of decay as well as wear and tear.
But, if you usually travel to the work-site with the saw, then you cannot do without a case. Besides, it might look weird walking around with an exposed chainsaw. Other than that, it is also dangerous as you might injure others accidentally.
The review has enlightened you on the things that you need to look at when buying a chainsaw case. As long as you choose any of the above chainsaw cases, you are good to go. The reason is that the above products have proven quality and durability. Just pick any one of them and you will never regret it!